Top tens for 2010: Astrid Swan
1. Soul. As in having soul, not being afraid to sound the way you feel. Knowing your strengths and playing to those. In the fragmented, post-hipster, post-irony world all that is left is soul.
2. Twin Sister EPs
3. Berlin. Feels like home.
4. LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
5. Change. Instigating, being a part of, churning inside the big wheel of it. Often Change feels like shit but it makes me realize I am alive.
6. http://www.mylawyerwillcallyourlawyer.blogspot.com/ My movie blog with Nick Triani. It's at its best the further away from the actual films we get.
7. Getting back to listening to my old 1970s favorites. There is too much music coming into my atmosphere for me to be able to absorb it thoroughly, so I went back to Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush, Rickie Lee Jones, Bruce Springsteen, to name a few.
8. Beach House - Zebra.
9. Germany, the whole country. I had a chance of seeing and experiencing life there through touring extensively. There is a certain hill just before turning to Wuppertal and the road there was under construction the whole year. I must have passed that spot eight times on my travels.
10. Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me. A triple album is completely justified in her case, the songs rule.
Astrid Swan says: "Next year I'll be covering Pavement and releasing an Astrid Swan album at some point. I'll begin recording in the spring."